Mask Cleaning Tips (and tricks)
Did you know that you can include your masks with your regular laundry?
What the CDC says:
Masks should be washed after each use. It is important to always remove masks correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used mask.
Machine Washing instructions:
- Place your mask in a Sunbeam intimate bag
- Use regular laundry detergent
- Use the warmest recommended water setting for the fabric used to make the mask (the hotter temperature helps sanitize)
- Use deepest cleaning setting
- Dry as instructed on mask
Was your mask home-made?
Hand-sewn masks can be extra delicate, let's wash those by hand.
- In a Home Basics Bucket, or a sink dilute liquid detergent in hot water, submerging the mask in the solution and agitating it for 30 to 60 seconds to lift dirt and body soils.
- Allow it to soak for 20 minutes.
- rinse thoroughly and allow to dry.
Pro-tip: When hand-washing masks, be careful not to overuse detergent & rinse very well, so there’s no residue that could cause skin irritation.
Stay Connected with us!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.