- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Home Basics Square Cake Pan
- Home Basics Measuring tools
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a Home Basics square cake pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
Written By Samantha M. Chase
Home Basics Staff