Fall & Winter Cocktails
Caramel Apple Martinis
- 1 oz. Baileys Irish cream
- 1/2 oz. apple schnapps
- 1/2 oz. butterscotch schnapps
- 2 oz. half-and-half or whole milk
- coarse sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Home Basics Beverage Carafe Set
- Home Basics Serving Tray
- Rim glass with coarse sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- For each cocktail, pour all ingredients into a drink shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice then shake and strain cocktail into a chilled glass, with or without ice.
Boozy Peppermint Patty Hot Cocoa
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 1 ounce crème de cacao
- 6 ounces hot cocoa
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermints and red sprinkles for garnish
- Home Basics Mugs
- Prepare hot cocoa. Tip: For a richer drink, use a combination of half-and-half and milk.
- Add schnapps, crème de cacao and hot cocoa to a large mug. Stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with crushed peppermints and red sprinkles.
Hot White Russian With Salted Caramel
- 1 oz. caramel sauce
- 1 oz. Margarita salt
- 10 oz. hot brewed coffee
- 3 oz. Kahlua
- 1-1/2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. heavy cream
- Pour caramel sauce and Margarita salt into separate small saucers that are big enough to fit the opening of the glasses you will serve the drinks in.
- Hold each glass upside down and dip each rim into the sauce so it is evenly covered. Pull the glass out of the sauce and allow the excess to drip off before dipping the rims in the salt.
- Set the glasses upright and allow to dry 5 minutes before pouring liquids into them.
- Pour 5 ounces of hot coffee into each glass, then add 3/4-ounce vodka (half a shot) and 1-1/2 ounces (one shot) of Kahlua to each glass.
- In a small saucepan, warm 3 ounces of cream over low heat until hot but not boiling. As soon as the cream is warm, add 1-1/2 ounces to each glass of coffee mixture.
- Gently stir before serving.
Apple Cider Mojito
- 4 oz apple cider (see our recipe!)
- 3 oz Cinnamon Simple Syrup (ingredients & recipe below)
- 3 oz Applejack (Liard’s)
- 4 oz white rum
- Diced apples
- Mint leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 TBS of water
- cinnamon stick broken in half
- Home Basics Measuring Cups
- Place 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup plus 1 TBS water and half cinnamon stick in a small pot; bring to a boil and then turn off the heat and allow the mixture to sit and cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine cider, cinnamon simple syrup, Applejack and rum in a cocktail shaker or glass measuring cup; shake or stir well.
- In two serving glasses, muddle as much or as little mint as you desire. Fill both glasses with ice.
- Throw in a small handful of diced apples (I like skin on for color) and then add your cider mixture, splitting it evenly between both glasses, and stir.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and extra mint leaves.
Stay Connected with us!
Written By Samantha M. Chase
Home Basics Staff
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.